28th March 2023 - The Minister for Finance invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill roles on the Board of the Strategic Banking Corporation of Ireland (SBCI).
Candidates must demonstrate in their application evidence in one or more of the following areas at an appropriately senior level:
• strategic leadership experience in an organisation of scale;
• senior level experience in the banking and finance sector with an SME sector focus, ideally with previous executive level operations and/or lending background to the SME sector;
• policy experience and wide-ranging comprehension of challenges and opportunities facing the SME sector with a focus on energy efficiency and/or innovation;
• understanding of public policy issues relating to climate action, governance, innovation and/or SME lending;
• senior level legal and/or governance experience with a clear understanding of good risk and control practices;
• qualified accountant with relevant executive level experience;
• experience in financing innovation;
• international and retail banking skills;
• skills in digital, marketing and Fintech sectors.
• sectoral knowledge, experience and expertise in financing energy efficiency investment and climate action related lending;
• experience and expertise in credit, raising finance for energy efficiency projects and/or providing financing/investment in respect of these;
• experience and expertise applicable to energy efficiency in residential, business and/or agriculture sectors.
Term of Appointment: Appointments to the SBCI Board will be for an initial period of 5 years.
Closing Date: 15:00 on Tuesday 18th April 2023
For further information and application, please click here